Monday, February 23, 2009

Big Sigh


If there was ANY possible way to extend this past weekend just a few more days, I would have done it in a heartbeat. I repeat, in a heartbeat.

My little red car couldn't get to The Hotel of South Beach fast enough post-work on Friday afternoon...

Sporting a smurfy blue t-bags dress (check out some of the latest t-bags at http://www.net-a-porter.com/Shop/Designers/T_Bags?cm_mmc=GoogleUS-_-CoreDesigners-_-TBags-_-TBags&bbcid=2650 ) and the 1837 necklace that I absolutely cannot live without, I caught up with two of my favorite inet industry pals on Friday evening for a little sushi and sake at Sushi Samba Dromo. Well, ok, maybe more than a little ;)

The next morning called for an extra strong mocha latte followed by a brisk walk to the Loew's Hotel for the Sushi/Wine Pairing featuring Chef Thomas Buckley from Nobu. In case you haven't already guessed, I find it hard to get enough raw fish and rice... must be a subconsious rebellion against my Midwestern meat and potato upbringing. Well, Miami certainly has plenty of top notch sushi spots (and chefs) to choose from.

Of course, the ultimate highlight was the "Grand Tasting" on Sunday afternoon. Goat cheese and almond covered olives, caviar, ceviche, cheeses of every kind, lemon tarts, red velvet cake... no good food or wine sample went unexplored. My tasting companion took a particular liking to the Evian booth and its handsome associated representative.

He was extremely easy on the eyes, but then again...

So were our two new favorite friends at the Hotel Victor. (http://www.hotelvictorsouthbeach.com)

What was supposed to be a "quick" stop before heading to the Shore Club on Sunday evening ended up turning into a few more greyhounds then we'd care to admit. I'll just use the "I'm fascinated by the jellyfish tank" line and play this one off. Wink, wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment