Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just Wining About Messages


These days we have this incredibly novel feature that comes with our cell phone service packages... even if you live in the dark ages and still operate from a landline, landlines have it too... it's called VOICEMAIL. Yes, and all but the worst of communicators know how to use it. Sorry boys, I hate to be the one to inform you that if you call, we SEE it on our caller id. Ummm, yeah, might as well leave a message. Make it something clever and witty. After all, the pressure is on. Must be, otherwise why would recording your voice at the tone be such a frightening experience? Hmmm, maybe in my case, the Spanish to English translation under the gun throws them off.

Speaking of phones, I have to tell you that I absolutely adore my iPhone and the coolest cork cover that my girlfriend found and gifted to me!!! Wanna see? Check it out: http://news.softpedia.com/news/iPhone-Cork-Case-78806.shtml

It's awesome because it doesn't collect all the random pieces of lint and dirt from the bottom of your purse and reminds me of one of my favorite hobbies... drinking wine!

BTW, I learned after this past weekend, Chilean reds do me no favors the next morning. The Twomey Merlot that my Chicago gal pal and I enjoyed this past weekend is a completely different story. Trust me, I was never a merlot fan either... until Twomey was poured in my glass. If you are looking for a splurge, go for it! It's 110% worth the $50 price tag. I've heard the Pinot is just as fab, but it sells out in a hurry. Read about Twomey Cellars and the Soutirage Traditional method of winemaking: http://www.twomeycellars.com/main/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment