Friday, March 6, 2009

What a Beach!


Although I still owe a few details from last weekend, (I promise that I haven't forgotten) I can't help but cue you in on the upcoming weekend plans! One of my top ten Chicago gal pals and I are heading to the gorgeous white sands of Sanibel and Captiva Islands for some long overdue bonding time and vitamin D. The Lighthouse Beach and Turner Beach are two of my absolute favorites. Turner wins out when it comes time for sunset though. For a complete list of the beaches on these Islands, check out: http://www.sanibel-captiva.org/play/beaches.asp

Time to pack the beach bag, then grab the OJ and Veuve Clicquot! Anything better than sun, sand and a few mimosas? Hardly!

Have to start out early to beat the seasonal traffic (blasted Midwestern snowbirds), so we have plans to caffeinate first by stopping at the Sanibel Bean. These people know coffee and it's an absolute pit stop every time I cross the Causeway. http://www.sanibelbean.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment